Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Simple Salutations Challenge #52 at Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company


It's Wednesday and that means it’s time for Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company, Simple Salutations #52 challenge.  The theme is By the Beach, (lighthouses, boats, seashells, mermaids, etc.).   I used the lighthouse and a sentiment stamps from the Light My Way Home set. 
 
I love creating CAS cards and that’s what the Simple Salutations challenge is all about, clean and simple with a sentiment.  Please stop by Simple Salutations #52 challenge and join in the fun.  The challenge can be found here.
 
I'm so happy to announce that this is my first DT card for the Simple Salutations challenge! 

I used watercolor paper and an acrylic block coated with distress inks to stamp the background, a technique called acrylic block stamping.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What a gorgeous card... the lighthouse image is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and I love the technique you used, something for me to try out.

    Dea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and the background looks fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vickie - This turned out great. I really like the colors you used for the background. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete