Friday, April 3, 2015

MFP Oriental Sketch Challenge 72



This week's Oriental Sketch Challenge uses this sketch:


Lately, I've been trying some different card techniques.  For this card I used watercolor paper to stamp the image and sentiment from the MFP Stamp Shop Lanterns set.  After stamping the image, I filled the lantern globe in using Liquid Frisket Masking Fluid (this is similar to rubber cement glue).  That way, I could do a watercolor wash over the image without coloring the image.  For the watercolor wash I used Peerless watercolors (these come in a thin pieces of paper that hold the vibrant colors).  Once the wash dried, I peeled the mask off the image and decided to leave it uncolored.

We hope you'll share your Oriental cards with us this week.  You can find the challenge HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the back ground on the lovely card is beautiful....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the back ground on the lovely card is beautiful....Lis

    ReplyDelete